When it comes to digital marketing, there are a lot of moving parts. And if you’re like most business owners, you may not have the time or expertise to manage them all yourself. That’s where a digital marketing agency can help. But how do you choose the right one? One way is to issue a digital marketing RFP (request for proposal).
In this blog post, we’ll tell you what a digital marketing RFP is, and how to write one that will help you find the perfect digital agency partner.
What is a digital marketing RFP?
An RFP (request for proposal) is a document that businesses use to solicit bids from potential vendors. It outlines the scope of work that needs to be done and sets forth the criteria that businesses will use to make their decision.
When it comes to digital marketing, there are a lot of factors to consider. Do you need help with SEO? Social media? Email marketing? Paid advertising? You’ll want to make sure that the agency you choose can handle all of your digital marketing needs.
The RFP process might seem daunting at start, but it’s extremely useful, helps mitigate risk, and gives a good idea of potential ROI for your digital project.
Why do I need an RFP?
An RFP can save you a lot of time and energy when it comes to finding the right digital marketing agency. With an RFP, you can:
- Outline your digital marketing needs in one place
- Make sure all stakeholders have aligned business goals
- Get bids from multiple agencies at once
- Compare agencies side-by-side
- Make an informed decision about which agency is the best fit for your business
- Provide key information to prospective agencies upfront
What should I include in my digital marketing RFP?
Now that you know what an RFP is and why you need one, it’s time to start writing yours. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Define your objectives: What are you hoping to achieve with your digital marketing project? Do you want to increase brand awareness? Drive traffic to your website? Generate leads? Convert more sales? Be as specific as possible.
- Set a budget: How much are you willing to spend on digital marketing services? This will help narrow down the field of potential agencies by pricing.
- Outline your requirements: What kind of digital marketing services do you need? Do you need help with SEO? Social media? Email marketing? Paid advertising? Make a list of all the services you’ll need, so you can find an agency that offers them all.
- Define your timeline: When do you need the work to be completed? This will help agencies know if they’re able to take on your project and meet your business milestones.
- Include any other relevant information: Is there anything else you think would be helpful for agencies to know? If so, include it in your RFP.
By following these tips, you can write a digital marketing RFP that will help you find the perfect agency partner for your business.
Need more information on how to write your digital marketing RFP? Our friends over at DesignRush have written an excellent article on how to write a digital marketing RFP & find the right agency for your project.
Still not sure where to start with your digital marketing RPF? Give us a shout and book a short 30 minutes consultation and we’ll get you kicked off with a digital marketing RFP that’ll help you find the perfect digital agency partner.
Let’s get your website
in tiptop shape
If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to your website, give us a shout. A short call will get you right on track.